Things are heating up at Jacksonville Beach Golf Club! 🔥
Piggybacking on the Official Grand Re-opening Weekend, The City finalized their GM hire of Bruce Mohler.
Bruce Mohler earned an outstanding professional reputation through a long and stable career path in the golf industry. He is recognized as a Change Agent, Solution Champion, Operational Entrepreneur, Team Player and Customer Advocate servicing a high-level corporate and private customer base.
Most recently, Bruce served as the Head Golf Professional with Ponte Vedra Inn and Club where he directed business operations, marketing strategy, brand positioning and special events planning at this AAA Five Diamond resort.
Bruce earned a BS in Finance Management in 1995 through the University of North Florida here in Jacksonville, FL. He also has an AA Degree in Finance/Accounting from the University of Florida in Gainesville, FL. He also is a Certified Hospitality Supervisor (CHS).
Oh, and some other highlights?
- Ranked as “Golf Professional of the Year” in 2018 from Jacksonville Area Golf Association;“Gate PGA Open Champion” in 2015; “Nike Cup Captain’s Pick,” 2000-2004; recognized as “Industry Ambassador” by PGA Magazine.
- Rated as “NFPGA Chapter Merchandiser of the Year” in 2004, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017, as well as “NFPGA Section Merchandiser of the Year” in 2013 and 2015.
- Evaluated, purchased and integrated new technology and systems, lowering labor costs by 5%-7% annually for last four years, while raising service delivery levels to expand customer awareness and golf revenue between 14%-18%.
- Effectively trained and oriented staff in multiple departments in peak quality standards and operating processes to ensure compliance with AAA Five Diamond service levels.
- Succeeded in maintaining profit levels during 2008-2009 recession ahead of competitors through strategic planning, cost cutting and resource allocation.
- Restructured organizational chart, job descriptions, pay scales and employee handbook for entire golf operation.
We are planning an interview with Bruce as soon as we can so we can introduce him to all of you ahead of the re-opening weekend. Stay tuned!
Congrats to Bruce on this exciting new opportunity.